If you haven’t noticed, East Sac Mom is big on supporting our local libraries. Our contributors are faithful storytime attendees (and we have been known to hit up multiple locations each week… I guess that makes us storytime groupies.)
Jump on the bandwagon! Here is a brief summary of storytimes in the area:
- Tuesdays at the McKinley Library, Toddler Storytime; ages 18 months-3 years, 11-11:45AM
- Wednesdays at the McKinley Library, Preschool Storytime; ages 3-5, 11-11:45AM
- Thursdays at the Central Library, Music & Movement, ages 3-6, 10:05-10:50AM
- Fridays at the Central Library, Baby Lapsit, ages birth-18 months, 10-10:30AM
- Sundays at the Central Library, Baby Lapsit, ages birth-18 months, 12-12:30PM (remember that parking downtown is FREE on Sundays!)
There are even summer reading list suggestions for your little ones on the Sacramento Library website. Click on over there for more information.
If you’re just east of East Sacramento and don’t feel like driving downtown, head over to Borders on Tuesday mornings at 10:30AM for their storytime.
Regardless of how you do it, exposing children to literacy early will help prepare them for a lifetime of learning, encourage vocabulary and verbal skills and is overall just plain fun!
Know of any other storytimes in the area? Want to comment on the ones listed above? Leave us a note at the bottom of this post or email us at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you and welcome your feedback.